E-type Definitive History - (Second Edition)
This is an updated edition of a classic book that was first published in 1989 and remained in print for 20 years.
The E-type was, and still is, a uniquely charismatic and important British sports car – and this remarkable book provides the ultimate tribute to it.
With lots of new information and illustrations, and presented in a handsome design in a larger format, this book is a ‘must-have’ for all enthusiasts of the Jaguar E-type.
- Early days: design and development; launch and reaction; specification and production.
- The 3.8: launch as roadster and fixed-head coupé; development and evolution; early racing activities; invading the USA as the XKE.
- The competition cars 1962–64: development of the lightweight versions for racing; their successes – and failures – in GT classes of international racing.
- The 4.2-litre: a bigger engine for 1964; subsequent evolution through to Series II form; the 2+2 (a third body style) arrives in 1966.
- The Series III: the final model gets Jaguar’s awesome 5.3-litre V12 engine; evolution through to the end of production in 1974.
- The later years: the born-again racing car; variations on the theme; in miniature; the E type today.
- Comprehensive appendices: specifications; the competition Es and their results; production changes; models; sales figures.
- Previous edition ISBN: 978 0 85429 580 7.
- Signed by Author, Philip Porter
All orders are shipped via DHL Express. Next day delivery is available in parts of North America.
Made to Order products are dispatched within 28 days of purchase.
Pre-Order products are expected to be dispatched within 3-4 weeks from time of purchase.
For more information on shipping, returns and exchanges please click here.